Marion County Public Right-of-Way Permits
In response to the Coronavirus, we are taking steps to protect both the public and our employees. Please be aware that we are continuing to operate with limited staff in the office. You may experience longer than usual wait times for in-person service. We recommend that all LDEP Office customers call (503) 584-7714, between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, before coming to our office so that we have the opportunity to assist you over the phone and hopefully save you a trip to the Public Works office. You may also email us at MCLDEP@co.marion.or.us.
EVENT PERMITS -
Until the prohibition for mass gatherings is lifted, Marion County will not be accepting any Event Permit applications. Please be aware, once the restrictions have been removed, it takes three weeks to process and approve an event permit. This should be taken into consideration when planning the date of future events requiring a Marion County Event Permit.
If you will be working or holding an event within public right-of-way that is under Marion County jurisdiction a permit is required from Marion County Public Works Land Development Engineering and Permits. Follow the steps below to apply for and obtain a permit. For questions regarding the Application please see our Application FAQ. If you have any additional questions, please call us at (503) 584-7714 and ask for "Right-of-Way Permits" or "LDEP", or email us at MCLDEP@co.marion.or.us
Applying for a Land Development, Event, and/or Utility Permit
1. Fill out the General Land Development and Event Permit Application form (link below).
a. Sections 1 through 3 and 6 are required information for all applicants.
b. Section 4 is required if applicable.
c. Sections 5 and 7 through 12 are required depending on the type of permit being applied for.
2. Applications can be submitted either hard copy or digitally.
a. Hard copies are to be mailed or hand-delivered to the Marion County Public Works Office at:
Marion County Public Works
5155 Silverton Road NE
Salem, OR 97305
b. Digital applications are to be e-mailed to MCLDEP@co.marion.or.us
Note: A check may be enclosed with hard copy applications to cover any anticipated application fees. Make checks payable to "Marion County Public Works". Visa and Mastercard are accepted in-person at the above address and over the phone once application materials have been entered into the permitting system. For digital applications and mailed hard copy applications without enclosed payment you will be contacted by phone and/or email provided on the Application for payment prior to Completeness review. Payment is accepted from 8:00AM to 4:00PM Monday through Friday at the Public Works office or online through the Oregon ePermitting website (link below) at any time.
3. A Permit Technician will enter the information you have provided into the Oregon ePermitting (Accela) database and assess preliminary fees according to the materials provided in the Application.
4. Once the application file has been created in Accela and initial application fees have been paid the Land Development Engineering & Permits (LDEP) section will review the application materials provided for Completeness.
5. You will be notified by an LDEP staff member if additional materials are necessary to proceed with your Application. Additional fees may apply as determined by LDEP staff.
6. Once the Application has been deemed Complete the formal review process will begin.
7. A staff member of the LDEP section will contact you if modifications or clarifications are needed to the proposed plans to meet Marion County Standards.
8. If the Application materials are deemed to meet Marion County Standards to the satisfaction of LDEP staff and all fees have been paid, your permit will be issued. Permits are valid for one (1) year from the date of issuance unless otherwise noted on the permit.
General Application Form - Revised: 6/30/2020
LDEP Permit Guide
Scheduling an Inspection
Paying for a Permit Online
Access (Driveway) Documents
Access Review FAQ
Access Permit FAQ
Work in the Right-of-Way Documents
Work in Right-of-Way FAQ
Annual Blanket Permit FAQ
Annual Blanket Permitting Guide
Organizational Information Template
Vision Clearance Areas
Erosion Prevention and Stormwater Documents
Stormwater Management Area GIS Map
Erosion and Sedimentation Control Plan Template
Erosion and Sedimentation Control Plan Checklist
Erosion Acknowledgement Form
Oregon Drainage Law
Event Permit Liability Insurance Certificate and Endorsement Requirements and Example
Event Permit Traffic Control and Personnel Forms (Pedestrian and Bicycle)
Event Permit Guidance
Event Permit Map Example
Event Permit Block Party Signature Sheet Example
Utility Company Documents
What are Public Utility Permits?
Utility Work in County ROW FAQ
Utility Construction General Provisions - Attachments A-H
Utility Right-of-Way Site Plan Templates and Examples
Road Closure Permit Application for Construction/Maintenance Projects
Permit Extension or Cancellation Request Form
Oregon Temporary Traffic Control Handbook
Marion County Fire District #1
- Expand "Other Records" for Most Recent Fire Applications Guide
Oregon DEQ NPDES Permit Search
CCB License Search
Marion County GIS Program