Dog Adoption Information
Due to COVID-19, our Adoption Kennels are closed to the public. If you would like to adopt a dog you see online, please download our fillable Adoption Questionaire then complete and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
We're happy to hear you have decided to adopt a dog!
When adopting a dog you are gaining a family member for the rest of its life. For a puppy, this can be a commitment of 10 to 15 years.
Our shelter rescues lost dogs, which mean these dogs have gotten away from their owner or have been abandoned. While most of the dogs we care for are reunited with their owner, many are left needing a new home.
Here's what to do next:
Option 1: Visit our shelter
Walk through our adoption kennels to see the available dogs. Some of our adoptable dogs are in foster homes and are not available for viewing at the shelter but are viewable through our website - Adoptable Dogs.
Option 2: Start Your Search Online
Though it is best to visit our shelter, you may see your next four legged family member on our website! Search Adoptable Dogs
- Make one, two or three choices: The dog you are interested in may no longer be available when you arrive at the shelter
- Keep notes: Be sure to write down the identifying information for the dog(s) you are interested in so that staff can more accurately assist you when you arrive at the shelter
Due to COVID-19 adoptions are now by appointment only. Please download the fillable Adoption Questionaire then complete and email it to email@example.com
- Save time: Print our Adoption Questionaire, fill it out and bring it with you
- Bring your current dog(s): It is important to see how the dogs interact
- Bring your family: You may be able to spend some time with your chosen dog for 15-30 minutes to see if it will make a good companion with you and your family members
- Plan your time: The adoption process at the shelter can take up to two hours
Veterinary Partnership Program
Dogs and Children
Fear of People
New Adult Dog
Enjoy your new forever friend
Call us if you have questions or concerns about your dog; we will do everything we can to help you and your dog have a successful long term relationship.