Marion County Parks
**MARION COUNTY PARK NOTICES**
Due to wildfires, the following parks are CLOSED:
Due to ice-storms, the following GATED parks are CLOSED:
MARCH 10, 2021 - North Fork Area Public Access CLOSURES:
* Only Authorized Vehicles and Pedestrians may use N Fork Rd SE, Gates Hill Rd SE, Pioneer Rd SE.
* No access to Little North Fork or Santiam River allowed from N Fork Rd SE, Gates Hill Rd SE, Pioneer Rd SE.
* No parking within right of way on N Fork Rd SE, Gates Hill Rd SE, Pioneer Rd SE.
* No bicyclists allowed to use right of way on N Fork Rd SE, Gates Hill Rd SE, Pioneer Rd SE.
* Continued Park Closures are to allow for the reconstruction of needed infrastructure within North Fork Park, Salmon Falls Park, and Bear Creek Park and Campground, and to reduce congestion on North Fork Road and Gates Hill Rd.
County Park News
Parks Use and Rules
- No reservations are accepted for any Marion County parks. They are always first-come-first-served.
- No alcohol or smoking are allowed in Marion County parks per
Marion County Code.
Parking fee collection is in effect from May through September 15 on North Fork Road and in county parks accessed from North Fork Road, including North Fork Park, Salmon Falls Park, Bear Creek Park day-use parking, and Lomker’s Bridge day-use area. Fees can be paid using cash or check. A $30 annual parking pass is also available, which will allow unlimited daily parking for one vehicle along North Fork Road and in Marion County North Fork corridor parks. Annual passes can be purchased at any of the parking fee stations or at Marion County Public Works, Building 1, 5155 Silverton Road NE in Salem.
Emergency Phones on North Fork Road Corridor
There are now emergency phones located on North Fork Road at Elkhorn Fire Department, 32788 N. Fork Road SE, Lyons, OR.
Marion County Parks Need Your Help!
We need volunteers and that means people who want to serve on the Marion County Parks Commission and those who want to work on projects in the parks. Can you help? Check out our
volunteer page for more information.