Working or Holding an Event in Marion County Public Right-of-Way
If you will be working or holding an event within public right-of-way that is under Marion County jurisdiction a permit is required from Marion County Public Works Land Development Engineering and Permits. Follow the steps below to apply for and obtain a permit. If you have any questions please call us at (503) 588-5036 and ask for LDEP or e-mail us at MCLDEP@co.marion.or.us.
Applying for a Land Development, Event, and/or Utility Permit
1. Fill out the General Land Development and Event Permit Application form (link below).
a. Sections 1 through 3 and 6 are required information for all applicants.
b. Section 4 is required if applicable.
c. Sections 5 and 7 through 12 are required depending on the type of permit being applied for.
2. Applications can be submitted either hard copy or digitally.
a. Hard copies are to be mailed or hand-delivered to the Marion County Public Works Office at:
Marion County Public Works
5155 Silverton Road NE
Salem, OR 97305
b. Digital applications are to be e-mailed to MCLDEP@co.marion.or.us
Note: A check may be enclosed with hard copy applications to cover any anticipated application fees. Make checks payable to "Marion County Public Works". Visa and Mastercard are accepted in-person at the above address and over the phone once application materials have been entered into the permitting system. For digital applications and mailed hard copy applications without enclosed payment you will be contacted by phone and/or email provided on the Application for payment prior to Completeness review. Payment is accepted from 8:00AM to 4:00PM Monday through Friday at the Public Works office or online through the Oregon ePermitting website (link below) at any time.
3. A Permit Technician will enter the information you have provided into the Oregon ePermitting (Accela) database and assess preliminary fees according to the materials provided in the Application.
4. Once the application file has been created in Accela and initial application fees have been paid the Land Development Engineering & Permits (LDEP) section will review the application materials provided for Completeness.
5. You will be notified by an LDEP staff member if additional materials are necessary to proceed with your Application. Additional fees may apply as determined by LDEP staff.
6. Once the Application has been deemed Complete the formal review process will begin.
7. A staff member of the LDEP section will contact you if modifications or clarifications are needed to the proposed plans to meet Marion County Standards.
8. If the Application materials are deemed to meet Marion County Standards to the satisfaction of LDEP staff and all fees have been paid, your permit will be issued. Permits are valid for one (1) year from the date of issuance unless otherwise noted on the permit.
General Land Development and Event Permit Application
Permit and Fee Guide
Scheduling an Inspection
Paying for a Permit Online
Access (Driveway) Documents
Access Review Q&A
Access Permit Q&A
Work in the Right-of-Way Documents
Work in the Right-of-Way Q&A
Erosion Prevention and Stormwater Documents
Erosion and Sedimentation Control Plan Template
Erosion and Sedimentation Control Plan Checklist
Erosion Acknowledgement Form
Stormwater Management Area Map
Oregon Drainage Law
Event Permit Liability Insurance Certificate and Endorsement Requirements and Example
Event Permit Traffic Control and Personnel Forms (Pedestrian and Bicycle)
Event Permit Guidance
Event Permit Map Example
Event Permit Block Party Signature Sheet Example
Utility Company Documents
What are Public Utility Permits?
Road Closure Permit Application for Construction/Maintenance Projects
Permit Extension or Cancellation Request Form
Marion County Fire District #1
- Expand "Other Records" for Most Recent Fire Applications Guide
Oregon DEQ NPDES Permit Search
CCB License Search
Marion County GIS Program